All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook provides an introduction to the field of mineral ecomics and its use in understanding the behaviour of mineral commodity markets and in assessing both public and corporate policies in this important ecomic sector. The focus is on metal and n-metallic commodities rather than oil, coal, and other energy commodities. The work draws on John Tilton's teaching experience over the last 30 years at the Colorado School of Mines and the Catholic University of Chile, as well as short courses for RioTinto and other mining companies. This is combined with the professional consulting and academic research of Juan Ignacio Guzman over the past decade, in order to demonstrate the industry application of the ecomic principles described in the earlier chapters. The book should be an ideal text for graduate and undergraduate students in the fields of mining engineering and natural resource ecomics and policy. It should also be of interest to professionals and investors in mining and commodity markets, and those undertaking continuing education in the mineral sector.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Tilton is a Research Professor in the Division of Economics and Business and a University Professor Emeritus at the Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, USA. He is also a Professor in the Department of Mining Engineering at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile as well as a Resources for the Future University Fellow. Juan Ignacio Guzman is Chief Executive Officer of GEM Ltda., an industrial engineering company that advises the mining industry in management and economics, and of BOAMINE SpA, provider of software solutions for the mining industry. He is also Assistant Professor in the Department of Mining Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile.
- Author(s)John E. Tilton,Juan Ignacio Guzman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note84 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 67 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.