All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his third book singlehanded sailor Roger Taylor ventures to even more remote seas aboard his tiny junk-rigged yacht Mingming. The first voyage, across the North Atlantic to Baffin Island, is curtailed when Taylor is injured in a storm in the Davis Strait. Unwilling to sail on into the ice with a broken rib, he turns round and re-crosses the Atlantic to Plymouth, completing a n-stop voyage of over 4000 miles. The second voyage takes the reader to Jan Mayen, Spitsbergen and on to 80 North, virtually as close as it is possible to sail to the North Pole. During these two voyages Taylor spends well over four months at sea, observing and reflecting on the sea itself, its wildlife, its attraction, and man's uneasy relationship with it.
- Author(s)Roger D. Taylor
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Series TitleVoyages of a Simple Sailor
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note34 B&W photos & line drawings
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.