All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive study of the career of one type of rally car - the BMC Mini-Cooper/Mini-Cooper S. In the 1960s the Mini became famous as Britain's most successful rally car. It combined superb handling, a tiny body shell, high-performance engines and the excellence of front-wheel-drive in an irresistible package. Not only this, but the works team included famous drivers like Paddy Hopkirk, Timo Makinen and Rau Aaltonen. The works Minis t only won the Monte Carlo three times - 1964, 1965 and 1967 - along with the European Rally Championship in 1965, but also won events all over the world. Because Minis were British, and well-promoted, they became seen as giant-killers, and were the people's favourite for many years. The car outpaced many of its rivals, and this book examines exactly who they were, and how they came to be defeated by the 'mighty Mini.' Even today, works Minis appear at every gathering of classic cars - and in 2009, Mini celebrates its 50th birthday. Packed with over 100 photographs, this book is a fitting and timely tribute to a much-loved Rally Giant.
- Author BiographyGraham Robson possesses a worldwide reputation as a motoring historian, and has been close to the sport of rallying for many years, as competitor, team manager, organiser, reporter, commentator, and observer; in more than forty years he has never lost touch with the sport. Not only has Graham competed in many British and European events, he's also reported on marathons in South America, and acted as a travelling controller in the legendary London-Mexico World Cup Rally. As a recognised authority on many aspects of classic cars and motoring of that period, he is the most prolific of all authors, with more than 130 published books to his credit. Over the years Graham has owned, driven, described and competed in many of the cars featured in the Rally Giants Series, and his insight to their merits is unmatched.
- Author(s)Graham Robson
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleRally Giants
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note126 illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width195 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.