All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDogs may lay claim to be man's best friends, but few people would deny that an ill-disciplined or badly behaved dog is a complete pest! The key to training a dog to respond obediently to commands and to preventing bad behaviour is to use an understanding of canine psychology to reward the behaviour that we want to encourage. It may sound complicated, but this mini-encyclopedia provides instant instruction that makes everything clear. Antated photographic sequences combine with expert text to teach the basic obedience lessons - heel, sit, stand, down, stay, and recall - in a set of structured lessons. In addition, the book examines why dogs exhibit problem behaviour - such as aggression, persistent barking, pestering for attention etc. - and provides owners with highly effective ways of overcoming these undesirable habits.
- Author(s)Colin Tennant
- PublisherInterpet Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationDorking
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInterpet Publishing
- Content Note500 colour illustrations
- Width157 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- tettlz11 Aug, 2013by
A great training book for dogs and puppies
A great book for anyone who needs to train a dog or puppy. Easy to follow exercises, and also explanations as to why things are done the way they are.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.