All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking your own delicious wines, cheeses, beer, and other fermented foods is an important self-sufficiency skill. Brett Markham, author Mini Farming: Self Sufficiency on 1 / 4 Acre is here to help you get started in his new handbook that covers everything you need to kw about fermenting. Using your own home-grown produce Markham explains how to ferment just about anything you can grow, and reminds us that gourmet cheeses, fancy vinegars, and store bought wines can be expensive-making your own can t only be fun but saves money and encourages self sufficiency. Learn to make fluffy sourdoughs or explore different methods for brewing beer. You can experiment making wine with pressed fruit in a fermenter or use a countertop juice machine-or forget the grapes and try a wheat or barley wine. In The Mini Farming Guide to Fermenting you'll find recipes and instructions that are easy to follow with checklists, extensive tables, measurements, the author's own photographs, and diagrams. Homemade wines, cheeses, and beer all make excellent gifts for special occasions and are easily stored for next season - so enjoy learning to master one of the world's oldest natural food processes while creating delicious foods and beverages for you and your family. Topics include: an introduction to fermenting; preparation checklists and lists; making your own country wines; making your own beer; making cheese at home; other fermented foods: vinegars, krauts, sourdoughs; greater food self-sufficiency; and, cooking for self-sufficiency.
- Author BiographyBrett Markham is an engineer, third generation farmer and polymath. Using the methods explained in his book, he runs a profitable, Certified Naturally Grown mini-farm on less that an acre. Brett works full time as an engineer for a broadband ISP and farms in his spare time. The author of Mini Farming: Self Sufficiency on Acre he lives in New Ipswich, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Brett L. Markham
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.