All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMinibeasts are insects, spiders and other small creatures. Worldwide, there are more than a million species of insect alone! But how can you become a minibeast expert? This book is full of information about these creatures, including their habitats, life cycles and how they can be useful. The book is also full of puzzles which will help you improve your spotting skills. It is part of The Great Nature Hunt a series of books for children aged 7+ which are a great resource for the Science curriculum. They help children make systematic and careful observations, gather data and record their findings. Each book is full of puzzles and challenges through which children can learn, while having fun.
- Author BiographyCath Senker is a children's non-fiction writer who specialises in writing about modern history, global issues and world religions. Her latest history titles include Living Through the Vietnam War (Raintree, 2011), Our World Divided: Israel and the Middle East (Wayland, 2011) and A Cultural History of Women in America: Women Claim the Vote (Bailey Publishing, 2011). She has a particular interest in the topics of migration, refugees and racism and recently wrote Mapping Global Issues: Immigrants and Refugees (Arcturus, 2011). In her work, Cath aims to highlight individuals' experiences and to present different viewpoints in a non-judgemental way as a basis for discussion. Cath also works as a project manager and editor on non-fiction titles for both children and adults. Before embarking on a freelance career, she worked as a commissioning editor for a children's educational publishing company for eight years. She is also an experienced ESOL teacher. Cath volunteers with City Reads, a project that aims to widen the enjoyment of books and reading among people of all ages, especially people from disadvantaged communities. She is a also a keen amateur cyclist, cook and gardener.
- Author(s)Cath Senker
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Great Nature Hunt
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight358 g
- Width215 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.