Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume is a collection of original articles that present new research on first and second language acquisition from the perspective of current generative linguistics, using a detailed case study of Portuguese as a first, second and third language. The book focuses on studies exploring both empirical/experimental and theoretical aspects of the acquisition of syntax and its interfaces with morphology, with semantics/pragmatics, and language change. The volume includes chapters on the child and adult acquisition of European and Brazilian Portuguese, and several chapters that also compare and contrast the two varieties from these different perspectives.
- Author BiographyAcrisio Pires, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA; Jason Rothman, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication17/06/2009
- Series TitleStudies on Language Acquisition [SOLA]
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Notefigures and tables
- Weight606 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAcrisio Pires,Jason Rothman
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.