All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes in detail the various techniques of minimally invasive thyroidectomy that have emerged in recent years and presents the new supportive equipment, including intraoperative monitoring and energy devices. In addition, the basic preoperative techniques that are a prerequisite to successful thyroidectomy are covered, and individual chapters are devoted to complications, outcomes, and post-thyroidectomy quality of life. Important related topics are also discussed, including guidelines for managing papillary and medullary thyroid cancer and the surgical management of metastatic lymph des. Both the editors and the authors are internationally rewned experts, and they include the founders of several of the techniques described. The up-to-date text is supplemented by many color pictures and medical illustrations, making the book very user-friendly and ideal for the busy surgeon or endocrilogist who is interested in the management of thyroid diseases.
- Author BiographyDr. Dimitrios Linos has extensive experience in minimally invasive non-endoscopic thyroidectomy (MINET), but he has also introduced the technique of endoscopic and robotic-assisted transaxillary thyroidectomy into Europe. He is Director of Surgery at Hygeia Hospital in Athens, Greece and has a close collaboration with the Department of Endocrine Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is also Associate Professor at the University of Athens Medical School and Lecturer on Surgery at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Linos is a member of several surgical societies and is actively involved with the American College of Surgeons (ACS), The Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), and the International Association of Endocrine Surgeons (IAES). Dr. Woong Youn Chung is a leader in minimally invasive thyroidectomy and has the most extensive experience in robotically assisted transaxillary thyroidectomy. He is staff surgeon and Associate Professor of Surgery at Yonsei University College of Medicine in Seoul Korea. He is Editor-in-chief of the Korean Association of Endocrine Surgeons and an active member in various other professional societies, including the International Association of Endocrine Surgeons (IAES). Dr. Chung has published extensively and is a mentor for several international thyroid surgeons around the world who visit his department and learn the details of robotically assisted thyroidectomy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 234 colour illustrations, 23 colour tables, biography
- Weight816 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDimitrios A. Linos,Woong Youn Chung
- Contained items statementContains Book and DVD
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.