Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the third in the Mining in Cornwall series, covers most of the Penwith and South Kerrier areas of Cornwall. The Penwith peninsula constitutes once of the major mining areas of Cornwall from which a prodigious quantity of tin has been won. It is the second largest producer of tin in the Duchy after the Camborne/Redruth/St Day district. The output of copper has also been significant and, among other minerals recorded, are arsenic (as a by-product of tin), china clay and a small tonnage of iron ore. As in previous volumes The Central District and The County Explored. L.J. Bullen uses the stunning pictures from his collection to illustrate the history of the most important industry of Cornwall. Many of the photographs in this volume are published for the first time. They are supported by detailed and carefully researched captions describing the development of this industry throughout the last two centuries. This book will appeal to anyone with an interest in the region and in mining industry that so strongly characterised Cornwall's ecomy, history and society for many centuries.
- Author(s)L. J. Bullen
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note200ill.
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.