All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionKwn as the internship guy at Dallas Theological Seminary where he teaches, George Hillman talks daily with students about God's movement in their lives. The goal of Ministry Greenhouse is to help seminary and Bible college students, their supervisors, and the lay leaders who work with them create the best environment for leadership development through a beneficial internship. An internship is t busy work or cheap labor but is instead fundamental to the development of a leader. Hillman first makes a case for internships, arguing that the purpose of the seminary or Bible college is to train both theologians and practitioners. He explores the meaning of call, identifies the ingredients of a successful internship, discusses strategies for establishing goals for an internship, and offers guidance for reflecting on learning during an internship. Hillman also provides tools for identifying competencies and sample goals. A great internship experience places a student in an environment where God can work through him or her in the lives of other people an din the student's own life to develop calling, character, and competencies. Ministry Greenhouse shows students, their supervisors, and the congregations and other organizations they serve how they can create just such an environment.
- Author BiographyGeorge M. Hillman, Jr. is Assistant Professor of Spiritual Formation and Leadership in the Howard Hendricks Center for Christian Leadership at Dallas Theological Seminary. He is active in the national leadership of the Association of Theological Field Education and the Evangelical Association of Theological Field Educators and consults in the areas of leadership development and discipleship.
- Author(s)George M. Hillman
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width141 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.