All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
About this product
- DescriptionMinkowski geometry is a type of n-Euclidean geometry in a finite number of dimensions in which distance is t 'uniform' in all directions. This book presents the first comprehensive treatment of Minkowski geometry since the 1940s. The author begins by describing the fundamental metric properties and the topological properties of existence of Minkowski space. This is followed by a treatment of two-dimensional spaces and characterisations of Euclidean space among rmed spaces. The central three chapters present the theory of area and volume in rmed spaces, a fascinating geometrical interplay among the various roles of the ball in Euclidean space. Later chapters deal with trigometry and differential geometry in Minkowski spaces. The book ends with a brief look at J. J. Schaffer's ideas on the intrinsic geometry of the unit sphere. Minkowski Geometry will appeal to students and researchers interested in geometry, convexity theory and functional analysis.
- Author(s)A. C. Thompson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/1996
- Series TitleEncyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.63
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus.
- Weight690 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byG.-C. Rota,B. Doran,M. Ismail,T. Y. Lam,E. Wutwak,Philippe Flajolet,E. Lutwak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.