All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the dog days of summer to cold eugh for you? winter mornings, Minnesotans love to talk about the weather. Hot and humid or frigid and icy, the weather affects our choice of clothing, our outdoor activities, our daily routines. The book measures Minnesota's human history in terms of high temperatures, significant rainfall, and devastating blizzards. Organised by season, this fun and invaluable handbook showcases an astonishing variety of data and lore on weather systems past. Narratives on the character of our seasons and holidays, stories of climate stations around the state from the oldest to the coldest, and biographies of passionate weather people are accompanied by quick quizzes and colourful weather jargon. And almanac would be complete without tables and maps illustrating such crucial details as state-wide swfall totals and extreme temperatures. This fully revised edition takes into account the state's new thirty year rmals (1981-2010), updating records for cold, heat, and precipitation. And in a chapter on climate change and Minnesota's future, Mark Seeley draws on decades of observations to show trends and consequences of our changing climate -- and highlights ways for us to adapt and to continue to steward the state's treasured resources.
- Author BiographyMark W. Seeley is a climatologist and meteorologist at the University of Minnesota in St. Paul. A popular public speaker and a regular commentator on Minnesota Public Radio, he is a 2014 recipient of the Siehl Prize in Agriculture.
- Author(s)Mark W. Seeley
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Note50 b/w photos, 25 tables & 8 maps
- Weight688 g
- Width180 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.