All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Antoine Volodine comes a deeply disturbing and darkly hilarious vel whose full meaning, its author asserts, will be found t in the book's pages but in the dreams people will have after reading it. In Mir Angels Volodine depicts a postcataclysmic world in which the forces of capitalism have begun to reestablish themselves. Sharply opposed to such a trend, a group of crones confined to a nursing home-all of them apparently immortal-resolves to create an avenging grandson fashioned of lint and rags. Though conjured to crush the rebirth of capitalism, the grandson is instead seduced by its charms-only to fall back into the hands of his creators, where he manages to forestall his punishment by reciting one narract a day. It is these narracts, or prose poems, that compose the text of Mir Angels.
- Author BiographyA French writer of Slavic origins, born in 1950, Antoine Volodine has published twelve books, which have proven difficult to categorize since they blend science fiction, Tibetan myth, a ludic approach to writing, and a profound humanistic idealism. Minor Angels was awarded the Prix France Inter in 2000 and the Prix Medicis in 2014. Jordan Stump is an associate professor of French at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. An award-winning translator of numerous books, including Christian Oster's My Big Apartment (Nebraska 2002), he is also the author of Naming and Unnaming: On Raymond Queneau (Nebraska 1998).
- Author(s)Antoine Volodine
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight284 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byJordan Stump
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.