All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionIn tribute to the surrealist narrative techniques of Andre Breton and Robert Dess, Mir Episodes documents the serial adventures of Mir, the ubiquitous everymogul who embodies the ecomic one percent and keeps musically erotic quixotics on tap. Having entered a rent in time that gives each chapter an alternate reality, Mir swaggers through an undersea casi, in-flight blockbuster, bawdy Western, and Kafkaesque job hunt, cavorting with billboard queen Bebe Lala and country-music legend Faith Faith, when t dressing down his shifty sidekick, The Concierge, or haunting the intensely disinterested songstress Miss Sharp. However, danger looms in the form of The Stropper, a serial killer fresh out of a shaving promotion, and an enigmatic ginger-beer icon who has retired from a satisfying life of culinary assassinations. Major Ruckus, a contrapuntal text and parody of the speculative fiction genre, celebrates the stylistic techniques of William S. Burroughs and Robert Anton Wilson, following a frenzied struggle by various parties to obtain an essential time-travel component, a struggle that includes psychic dicks, universal call-center operators, aboriginal eroticists, lubricant heiresses, rogue advertisement animations, porgraphy censors, and alien sperm-bank clones, all to the horrified fascination of hapless meta-writer Oober Mann. But ultimately it is Carl Sagan who creates the most confusion, when his prudish doodle of a woman is sent into space aboard the Voyager probe, triggering a plan to assist Earth's declining population through extraterrestrials in the guise of census takers. Mir Episodes and Major Ruckus introduce The Chaos! Quincunx series. Garry Thomas Morse is a Goverr General's Award--minated poet and fiction writer.
- Author BiographyGarry Thomas Morse has had two books of poetry published by LINEbooks, Transversals for Orpheus (2006) and Streams (2007), one collection of fiction, Death in Vancouver (2009), published by Talonbooks, and two books of poetry published by Talonbooks, After Jack (2010) and Discovery Passages (2011), finalist for the Governor General's Award for Poetry. Grounded in the work of Arthur Rimbaud, Robert Desnos, Ezra Pound, Jack Spicer, Rainer Maria Rilke and his Native oral traditions, his work has been featured in a variety of publications, including Branch Magazine, Canadian Literature, The Capilano Review, CV2, dANDelion, filling Station, memewar, Poetry is Dead, subTerrain, The Vancouver Review and West Coast Line. Morse is the recipient of the 2008 City of Vancouver Mayor's Arts Award for Emerging Artist and has twice been selected as runner-up for the Robert Kroetsch Award for Innovative Poetry.
- Author(s)Garry Thomas Morse
- PublisherTalon Books,Canada
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleChaos! Quincunx
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTalon Books,Canada
- Content Notemaps
- Weight371 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.