Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionMirity rights is an important issue in all modern states, but for those countries hoping to join the European Union the protection of mirities is a key condition for success in the accession process. This book provides a comprehensive assessment of mirity rights in Central and Eastern Europe, covering all the countries of the region that have joined the EU since 2004, including Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovakia, Romania and Bulgaria. For each country it outlines the major developments since 1989, highlights the salient issues in mirity rights politics, assesses the actual implementation of policies and legislation, explores the roles that domestic and international factors have played - including the impact of the EU succession process - and discusses whether there have been any major changes once EU accession was secured. Overall, this book is important for all those interested in European integration and mirity rights politics, as well as for specialists on Central and Eastern Europe.
- Author BiographyBernd Rechel is Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Centre for Russian and East European Studies at Birmingham University, UK. He has published widely on minority rights in Central and Eastern Europe and is author of The Long Way Back to Europe: Minority Protection in Bulgaria.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleBASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byBernd Rechel
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.