All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionSeeking the truth about UFOs in America, Mark Pilkington and John Lundberg uncover a 60 year-old story stranger than any conspiracy thriller. Through the fascinating account of their quest Mark Pilkington reveals the long history of UFOria and its parallels in little kwn tales from the murky worlds of espionage, psychological warfare and advanced military techlogy. Along the way he discovers that the truth about flying saucers is stranger and more complex than either the ufologists or debunkers would have us believe. As he crossed the US meeting intelligence agents, disinformation specialists and UFO hunters Pilkington was confronted with a dizzying array of ever more outrageous claims and counter claims. As a result he began to suspect that, instead of covering up stories of crashed flying saucers, alien contacts and secret underground bases, the US intelligence agencies had actually been promoting them all along. Meanwhile he has to deal with his own uncertainties, the suspicions of the UFO community and a partner who is starting to believe that conspiracy theorists might be right after all.With a fresh, funny and objective approach, Pilkington is the ideal guide to steer us through these strange territories, where thing is quite as it seems and reality is just a matter of managing perceptions.
- Author BiographyMark Pilkington is a writer, editor and filmmaker. He has written a weekly weird science column, Far Out, for the Guardian's Life supplement and has been a contributing editor to Fortean Times magazine. He has also written for, among others, The Times, the Wire, Arthur, Plan B and has contributed to fiction and non-fiction anthologies. He also edits Strange Attractor Journal, which was described in the Independent on Sunday as 'a unique and necessary collection of eccentric scholarship, weird journalism and obsessive research'.
- Author(s)Mark Pilkington
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight246 g
- Width200 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.