Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionNew Liz Lochhead comedy - a Scots version of Moliere's Misanthrope - to coincide with premiere at Edinburgh Lyceum One of Scotland's most popular writers, the multi-award winning Liz Lochhead, takes on Moliere's most famous play. Le Misanthrope is a bitter comedy about a sophisticated Parisian who cant help telling uncomfortable truths about his fellow men. Lochhead transposes the setting to present-day Scotland - and instantly injects the zest and vigour typical of her own comedies, most tably Perfect Days. The world premiere of Misery Guts is at the Royal Lyceum, Edinburgh, on 23 March 2002. Also in the volume is Liz Lochhead's other 'Scottish Moliere', her version of Tartuffe, first seen ten years ago and w something of a classic.
- Author BiographyLiz Lochhead is a poet, playwright, performer and broadcaster. She was born in Motherwell in 1947, studied at Glasgow School of Art and now lives in Glasgow. She first attracted notice with her play Mary Queen of Scots Got Her Head Chopped Off. Since then have come Quelques Fleurs, Perfect Days and Medea, which won the Saltire Society Scottish Book of the Year Award 2001, the so-called 'Scottish Booker Prize'.
- Author(s)Liz Lochhead
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication27/03/2002
- LanguageEnglish & Scots
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight215 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.