All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe complicated junctions negotiated by the vel during the eighteenth century reveal t only achievements but also exclusions. Misfit Forms offers a speculative reconstruction of roads less traveled. What if typographical emphasis and its associated transmission of sensuality and feeling had t lost out to transparent typography and its paradigms of sympathetic identification? What was truncated when cumulative narrative structures were declared primitive in relation to the unified teleological plot? What visions of the vel's value as an arena for experience were sidelined when vel reading was linked to epistemological gain? Reading vels by Sterne, Charlotte Bronte, Defoe, Gaskell, Hardy, and Woolf in tandem with less-kwn works, Nandrea illuminates the modes and techniques that did t become mainstream. Following Deleuze, Nandrea traces the dynamic repetitions of these junctures in the work of later writers. Far from showing the eclipse of primitive modes, such moments of convergence allow us to imagine other possibilities for the vel's trajectory.
- Author BiographyLorri Nandrea is an independent scholar.
- Author(s)Lorri G. Nandrea
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight3 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.