All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.12Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionHISTORICAL ROMANCEMary Margaret Harwell never dreamed she would move to Little Rock, Arkansas, just as she never dreamed she would marry a Yankee. As her radically Republican husband, Thomas, enters the politics of reconstructing Arkansas after the Civil War, Maggie soon discovers that although the war is over, the bitterness of the loss has t diminished.As Tom and Maggie settle into their new life in Arkansas, she busies herself painting artwork for their cottage, reuniting with her father, and becoming acquainted with the residents of Little Rock--or at least the ones who do t shun her because she is married to a rtherner. But racial tensions escalate to new heights, and Maggie becomes the victim of a terrifying assault that leaves two men dead and shakes her to her core. As their journey eventually leads them from Arkansas to the nation's capital, Maggie is faced with an agonizing decision when President Grant appoints her husband as goverr of the Idaho Territory.In this continuing historical saga based on a true story, a politician's wife faces one challenge after the other in a world still reeling after the Civil War.
- Author(s)Mary Frances Hodges
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.