All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNancy Blackett, the terror of the seas, has finally met a real pirate - the tiny, pistol-carrying Missee Lee, who has rescued Nancy and her friends after their shipwreck of the coast of China. The only trouble is she wants to keep them, forever.
- Author BiographyArthur Ransome was born in Leeds in l884 and went to school at Rugby. He was in Russia in l917, and witnessed the Revolution, which he reported for the Manchester Guardian. After escaping to Scandinavia, he settled in the Lake District with his Russian wife where, in l929, he wrote Swallows and Amazons. And so began a writing career which has produced some of the real children's treasures of all time. In 1936 he won the first ever Carnegie Medal for his book, Pigeon Post.
- Author(s)Arthur Ransome
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSwallows and Amazons
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRed Fox
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.