All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.73
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.77
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.05
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionMISSing Ingredients is a memorial cookbook. This cookbook is important because it will provide financial support to the MISS Foundation, but more importantly, the cookbook represents food as healing. Cooking and mealtime is a universally shared experience. Families come together to celebrate birthdays, holidays, and rites of passage. So, it is surprise that recipes symbolize the depth of love felt towards a loved one who has died. The process of submitting a recipe and dedication also channels the emotion of grief outside of the body and into a tangible object. The emotion becomes something concrete, it can be physically touched, held, hored, and shared. Ultimately, this compilation of meaningful recipes and heartfelt dedications provides comfort to the bereaved.
- Author BiographyKathy Sandler is the current Arizona Bereavement Alliance President. She is also a Master's of Social Work student at ASU's West Campus with a graduation date of May 2010. As part of her graduate coursework, Kathy has interned with the Glendale Fire Department's Crisis Response team and the VA Medical Center. Both internship opportunities involved crisis intervention, assessment, outreach, and grief and bereavement support especially in the areas of child death, suicide, suicide prevention, fire, PTSD, and combat related issues. Kathy was also selected for the first cohort of ASU's Certificate of Trauma and Bereavement program. This certificate program is the first of its kind at the university level and is in addition to her Master's in Social Work curriculum. Prior to her graduate studies, Kathy was the secretary to and the eventual Executive Director of the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Foundation. Kathy also serves as a volunteer for the MISS Foundation, an international non-profit family bereavement support organization, which was founded in Arizona. Her volunteer responsibilities have been varied and she is their current 2010 Conference Co-Chair. Kathy lives in Scottsdale with her husband and two children. Megan Kuhl - Megan Kuhl, an active member of the valley's philanthropic community, took charge of the project.
- Author(s)Kathy Sandler,Megan Kuhl
- Date of Publication02/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kara Jones
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.