All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1910 Protestant missionaries from around the world gathered to explore the role of Christian missions in the twentieth century. In this collection, leading missiologists use the one hundred year anniversary of the Edinburgh conference as an occasion to reflect on the practice of Christian mission in today's context: a context marked by globalization, migration, ecological crisis, and religiously motivated violence. The contributors explore the meaning of Christian mission, the contemporary context for mission work, and new forms in which the church has engaged-and should engage-in its missionary task. From these essays, a vision of twenty-first-century mission begins to emerge-one that is aware of issues of race, gender, border spaces, migration, and ecology. This renewed vision gives strength to the future of shared Christian ministry across nations and traditions.
- Author BiographyOgbu U. Kalu was Henry Winters Luce Professor of World Christianity at McCormick Theological Seminary prior to his death in 2008. He published many books, including Power, Poverty and Prayer: The Challenges of Poverty and Pluralism in African Christianity, 1960-1996 and, as editor, History of the Church in the Third World: Vol. III, African Christianity: An African Story, plus more than 150 articles in journals and edited volumes.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byEdmun Kee-Fook Chia,Ogbu U. Kalu,P. Vethanayagamony
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.