All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe principles of mistake proofing, long used to eliminate errors and defects across a range of industries, are w being applied in healthcare organizations around the world to help ensure patient safety, improve services, and eliminate waste. Mistake Proofing for Lean Healthcare is based on the definitive mistake-proofing philosophy and system developed by Shigeo Shingo. This reader-friendly book introduces the main concepts and benefits of mistake proofing in healthcare and highlights common reasons that errors and defects occur. It also explains how to catch errors before they become defects, using the concept of source inspection, so you can ensure quality before a process is performed instead of afterward. When systematically used, the mistake-proofing approach explained in this book will help you: * Create safer, more reliable, and more effective healthcare services for both patients and staff * Establish a culture in which mistakes and the conditions that cause them are readily surfaced so they can be corrected * Lay the foundation for processes that flow smoothly, without disruption * Eliminate rework, waste, and the need for extra resources and supplies Presenting real-world healthcare examples, the book shows different types of mistake-proofing devices and methods (poka-yoke) that provide feedback quickly and automatically to prevent errors and defects. The book is part of the Lean Healthcare Series and is designed for individual or group learning. Each chapter includes reflection questions to facilitate understanding and stimulate discussion and action.
- Author BiographyTom Jackson is the former CEO of Productivity, Inc. and Productivity Press and member of the influential Ford Lean Advisory Group.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleLean Tools for Healthcare Series
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note146 black & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byMaura May,Samuel Carlson,Thomas L. Jackson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.