Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionRhys Hughes' funniest vel, revised and expanded in a luxurious new edition with new material, comprises the tall tales of one Mister Gum: adventurer, pervert, and the world's most infamous creative writing tutor. Through Mister Gum we encounter a brief and sordid history of Britain and British literature, come to challenge the presumptions of creative writing pedagogy and re-examine the limits of narrative (and good taste). This is a world of Lynne Trusse, an Empire's ludicrous obsession with the Rabelaisian and modern man's vain quest to reassert his dominance in all things. Joel Lane provides a brief but thoughtful introduction on this new edition, while Rhys Hughes offers an all-new afterword where he discusses the literary impact of the first edition of this most British of satirical vels.
- Author BiographyRhys Henry Hughes (born 24 September 1966), is a Welsh writer and essayist. Born in Cardiff, Hughes is a prolific short story writer with an eclectic mix of influences, which include Italo Calvino, Milorad Pavic, Jorge Luis Borges, Stanislaw Lem, Flann O'Brien, Felipe Alfau, Donald Barthelme and Jack Vance. Much of his work is of a humorously eccentric bent, often parodies and pastiches with surreal and absurdist overtones, although he is by no means limited to any of these forms and has proven to be extremely versatile. He has been published in Postscripts among many other places.
- Author(s)Rhys Hughes
- PublisherDog Horn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDog Horn Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementExpanded Ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.