Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening: How I Learned the Unexpected Joy of a Green Thumb and an Open Heart by Carol Wall (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.99+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95+ AU $11.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by army_of_nerds
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA moving true story of the unlikely friendship between two people who had thing and ultimately everything in common. Carol Wall was at a crossroads. Her children had flown the nest, her beloved parents were ageing and she had overcome a serious illness. A neglected garden should have been the least of her worries. Until one day she sees a man working in her neighbour's garden and realises he is responsible for its spectacular transformation. His name is Giles Owita. He comes from Kenya and he's very good at gardening. It was kismet. And while I knew from the moment I met him that he was something special - truly, I didn't kw the half of it.' Before long Mister Owita is transforming t only Carol's garden, but her life. Although they seem to have thing in common, a bond grows between them. When both are forced to share long-buried secrets, their friendship is transformed forever. This is the story of a woman who at mid-life finds there is so much more to learn and a man whose grace in facing life's challenges is a lesson for us all. Deeply personal, poetic and brimming with humanity, this is a book of lasting grace.' Steve Lopez, New York Times
- Author BiographyCarol Wall is a writer whose articles on family life have been popular features in magazines like Southern Living Magazine and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for more than twenty years. Juggling her passion for her work as an English teacher with a busy family life raising three children, a foster son and exchange students from Lithuania and Croatia provided her with plenty of material. From her first teaching job at East High School in Nashville, Oprah Winfrey's alma mater, Carol built a reputation for connecting with even the most reluctant student through her gift for storytelling. She taught English in both public and private high schools in Tennessee and Virginia, and served as Writer-in-Residence for Roanoke County Schools. She is a member of the PEO Sisterhood, a philanthropic educational organisation which boasts 250,000 members worldwide and provides college scholarships for women. Carol lives with her husband in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. She has been battling Stage 4 breast cancer since 2008. Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening is her first book.
- Author(s)Carol Wall
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNorth Sydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- Weight407 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.