All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMistletoe is a parasitic evergreen plant that lives on trees such apple and elm. Modern complementary therapies for cancer increasingly make use of mistletoe preparations. However, because mistletoe grows on many different trees, the properties of the plant vary according to the host tree. For the first time, this book presents an important reference for practitioners on the characteristics of each type of mistletoe, and what kind of cancers they are best suited to treat. Thirteen host trees are described, covering all aspects from mythology and botany to homeopathy and flower essences. The author then pulls the various characteristics together to provide a unique guide to which patients might benefit most from the different types of mistletoe. The results will be useful t only in treating cancer but also in prevention. The book includes specific case-studies as well as tes on supplementary therapies using metals.
- Author BiographyJohannes Wilkens is a physician specialising in classical homeopathy and anthroposophical medicine. He is a doctor at the Alexander-von-Humboldt Clinic in Bad Steben, Germany, and is a specialist on differentiated mistletoe therapy. Gert Bohm was a newspaper publisher and now works as a freelance journalist and author. He lives near Hof, Germany.
- Author(s)Gert Bohm,Johannes Wilkens
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication07/07/2010
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Weight225 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byPeter Clemm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.