All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first authorized photographic tribute to the prolific and wildly inspiring ballerina, these unique and evocative artful color photographs by the celebrated photographer Gregg Delman, capture Misty's grace and strength, and are much anticipated by the worldwide audience who can't get eugh of Misty.This stunning volume of photographs captures the sculpturally exquisite and iconic ballerina. Misty Copeland has single-handedly infused diversity and personality into the insular world of ballet, creating an unexpected resurgence of appreciation within contemporary popular culture. Her story is famously what movies are made of, and in 2015 she became an icon and household name when she became the first African-American female principal dancer in the long and prestigious history the American Ballet Theatre. Copeland s physique is what sculptures are modeled on, heralding the new physical ideal of strength and athleticism, beauty and grace.<i> Misty Copeland</i> is a collection of gorgeous, artful photographs, taken in many studio visits from 2011 through 2014. Delman s talent for capturing movement is reflected in these images, which range from formal ballet positions to more athletic poses and candid moments, all together building an intimate portrait of Copeland as an athlete, an artist, and a woman. With striking and vibrant color photographs, this incredibly intimate volume is a visual tribute to the brilliant mystique of Misty Copeland, showcasing both her grace and strength.
- Author BiographyWith a passion for portraiture, Gregg Delman has traveled the world creating timeless, award-winning photographic portraits. His work has appeared in Time, Interview, Elle, GQ, Rolling Stone, The New York Times, Gotham, and Vogue, to name a few. He has created campaigns for HBO, Banana Republic, and American Express and has photographed a roster of notable persons and celebrities. Misty Danielle Copeland is an American ballet dancer for American Ballet Theatre (ABT), one of the three leading classical ballet companies in the United States. In April 2015, she was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time. On June 30, 2015, Copeland became the first African American woman to be promoted to principal dancer in ABT's 75-year history. Copeland is considered a prodigy who rose to stardom despite not starting ballet until the age of 13. In addition to her dance career, Copeland has become a public persona as a public speaker, celebrity spokesperson, stage performer and television personality. She has written two autobiographical books, one of which was optioned into a feature-length film, and narrated a documentary about her struggles, A Ballerina's Tale.
- Author(s)Gregg Delmann
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content NoteFull colour photographs throughout
- Weight1066 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.