All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn American Power , Mitch Epstein investigates tions of power, both electrical and political. His focus is on energy how it gets made, how it gets used, and the ramifications of both. From 2003 to 2008, he photographed at and around sites where fossil fuel, nuclear, hydroelectric, wind, and solar power are produced in the United States. The resulting photographs contain Epstein's signature complex wit, surprising detail, and formal rigor. These pictures illuminate the intersection between American society and American landscape. Here is a portrait of early 21st century America, as it clings to past comforts and gropes for a more sensible future. In an accompanying essay, Epstein discusses his method, and how making these photographs led him to think harder about the artists role in a country teetering between collapse and transformation.
- Author(s)Mitch Epstein
- PublisherSteidl Publishers
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSteidl Verlag
- Content Note64 colour illustrations
- Weight1410 g
- Width295 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.