All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1860, Augustus Mitchell Jr. printed one of theworld's most accurate and artistic atlases. This reproduction of Mitchell'sNew General Atlas restores all 76 maps from the original plus its 26 pagesof geological, statistical, and geographic information from 1860. Included are intriguinglooks at the political boundaries of the United States at the outbreak of theCivil War, as well as maps of other countries and regions that look vastlydifferent today. In the nineteenth century, American citizens would routinelypurchase a new map or atlas every year or two, as these physical documents werethe only way to learn geography. Thebeautiful floral-bordered maps in this atlas were designed by the finest cartographers ofthis pivotal era in human history. Engraved on steel plates, printed in black andwhite, and hand-colored by artists, they continue to inspire wonder and awe.
- Author BiographyRobert Lindberg resides in Castleton-on-Hudson, NY, with his wife, Sammy. After a career in the book printing industry, in 2013 he acquired Maps of Ancestry, a historical map business that provides thousands of maps and atlases to historians, genealogists, and map lovers.
- Author(s)Robert Lindberg
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Weight1940 g
- Width304 mm
- Height355 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.