All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionMitochondrial Case Studies: Underlying Mechanisms and Diagsis offers the science behind mitochondrial disease with a case studies approach. Since mitochondrial diseases are diverse and influenced by genetic, environmental, and social-ecomic factors, this publication will help students, physicians, scientists, health care students, and families recognize and accurately diagse mitochondrial disease and learn about potential treatments.
- Author BiographyRussell P. Saneto is a pediatric neurologist who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of mitochondrial disorders and intractable epilepsy. His PhD was in human biochemical genetics was obtained at the University of Texas Medical Branch. His medical degree was obtained from the Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine and he did his pediatric, pediatric neurology, and pediatric neurophysiology fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. He began diagnosing and treatment of mitochondrial disease during residency and has continued studying this disorder during his career at Seattle Children's Hospital over the past 15 years. He is currently the Head of the Mitochondrial Medicine group at Seattle Children's and is a professor in the department of Neurology and adjunct Professor in Pediatrics. He has appointments in both Pediatrics and Neurology at Seattle Children's and University of Washington. Sumit Parikh, MD is the Director of the Cleveland Clinic Neurogenetics, Metabolic & Mitochondrial disease program. Dr. Parikh completed his residency in pediatrics and fellowship in child neurology at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. He received additional training in genetics and metabolism at Cleveland Clinic and Centers for Inherited Diseases of Metabolism. Dr. Parikh is part of the North American Mitochondrial Disease Research Consortium (NAMDC) and the Primary Investigator for the Pearson Syndrome Natural History study. He serves as the current chair of the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation Scientific & Medical Advisor Board. He is the immediate Past-President of the Mitochondrial Medicine Society.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBruce Cohen,Russell Saneto,Sumit Parikh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.