All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs mothers today we are faced with a daunting list of responsibilities. How easy it is to simply rush headlong through our lives, slaves to our daily obligations, and in the process race our children through their childhood. But there is a better way... In Mitten Strings for God, Katrina Kenison shares her own search for a more satisfying balance in her life. The result is a lyrical and tender series of reflections, interwoven with gentle suggestions and advice, that remind us what happens when we slow down and are fully present in our lives. Suddenly there is room for joy and play and intimacy, space for wonder and reverie, and time to awaken to the beauty of the world and discover the sacred in the ordinary. Tranquil in our own hearts and minds, we can offer our children the one thing they need more than anything else: us. And we receive something priceless in return-the chance to savor our lives and the precious people in them.
- Author BiographyKatrina Kenison is the author of <i>The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir </i>(Springboard Press, 2009). She has appeared on Oprah and other shows. Her writing has appeared in <em>O</em>, <em>Real Simple</em>, <em>Family Circle</em>, <em> Redbook</em>, <em>Better Homes and Gardens</em>, <em>Health, </em>and other publications. From 1990 until 2006, Kenison was the series editor of <i>The Best American Short Stories</i>, published annually by Houghton Mifflin. She co-edited, with John Updike, <i>The Best American Short Stories of the Century </i>(Houghton Mifflin, 2000). She wrote, with Rolf Gates, <i>Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga </i>(Random House, 2002).
- Author(s)Katrina Kenison
- PublisherTime Warner Trade Publishing
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWarner Books Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.