All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionPoet and visual artist Faye Kicksway presents both new works and twenty-five years of celebrated verse and illustration in her latest volume, Mixed Plate: New and Selected Poems. The poems mine common speech, folklore, film, the grotesque and the ordinary with unapologetic candor and ferocious intimacy. They are a testament to the power of contemporary mologue, filled with surprising inversions and unique takes on the risk of opening the front door. Cutting musically to the quick of a situation, each is filled with surprise, horror and, as they add up, moral consequence.
- Author BiographyFAYE KICKNOSWAY, Morgan Blair to her students at the University of Hawai i at Manoa, has authored eleven books of poetry. One of them, Who Shall Know Them?, inspired by Walker Evans s photographs, was short-listed for the Pulitzer Prize. Faye Kicknosway was also a contributor to the ground-breaking feminist anthology No More Masks! (1973).
- Author(s)Faye Kicknosway
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note10 b&w illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.