All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMixed-Media Girls with Suzi Blu takes you step-by-step through the process of how to draw folk art and stylized girls' faces. With inspiration from Suzi's popular online workshops and videos, this inspiring book teaches you to create simple, balanced features and add shading with colored pencils and paint. From there, you'll discover how to draw the rest of the figure and put it into a complicated, textured, mixed media/ waxed background. After learning to design costumes and personalities for your girls and adapt them to fit your own personal style, you'll create vivid, exciting, backgrounds by layering paint, collaging with fabric, carving beeswax, distressing wood, and building up texture with mediums and pastes. Extensive examples and close ups of work will inspire you to take your art to the next level.
- Author BiographyKnown for her quirky videos and down to earth style, Suzi Blu is a leader in teaching art to women all over the world through her online school Les Petit Academy. She lives in a gypsy cottage in San Diego, California with her best pet friends Gigi Rainbow Sparkle and Finnegan Glitter Sunshine Magic. She encourages everyone to be an artist.
- Author(s)Suzi Blu
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication20/04/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight425 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cherokeenative6...20 Jun, 2014by
Awesome book! Highly recommend!
Beautiful book! Can't wait to start the projects. Very good for beginner or advanced. Easy to follow. Inspirational. Lots and lots of eye candy!
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.