All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen mixing a live show, for the first time or hundredth time, there are countless things running through your mind, foremost- this is live and you have to get it right! Whether you are working on Broadway, in a regional theatre or on the school production, having an understanding of the equipment, set up, and how sound behaves is crucial to the success of your show's performance. In this guide to live sound mixing for theatre, Shann Slaton shares his expert kwledge and proven, effective techniques acquired from years of experience working on Broadway shows. Written in a clear and easy to read style, and illustrated with real world examples of personal experience and professional interviews, Slaton shows you how how to mix live theatre shows from the basics of equipment, set ups, and using sound levels to creating atmosphere, emotion and tension to ensure a first rate performance every time.
- Author BiographyShannon Slaton designed the tours for Aeros, Kiss Me Kate, The Full Monty, Hairspray, Sweeney Todd, and The Wizard of Oz. His Broadway mixing experience includes A Christmas Carol, Jersey Boys, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Drowsy and Legally Blonde. He is also the Production Sound for The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and the US National tour.
- Author(s)Shannon Slaton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Weight476 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.