All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.61Trending at AU $45.41
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.85
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.69
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $13.24Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $38.56
About this product
- DescriptionAlfonso Little Al D'Arco, the former acting boss of the Luchese crime family, was the highest-ranking mobster to ever turn government witness when he flipped in 1991. His decision to flip prompted many others to make the same choice, including John Gotti's top aide, Salvatore Sammy the Bull Grava, and his testimony sent more than fifty mobsters to prison. In Mob Boss, award-winning news reporters Jerry Capeci and Tom Robbins team up for this unparalleled account of D'Arco's life and the New York mob scene that he embraced for four decades. Until the day he switched sides, D'Arco lived and breathed the old-school gangster lessons he learned growing up in Brooklyn and fine-tuned on the mean streets of Little Italy. But when he learned he was marked to be whacked, D'Arco quit the mob. His defection decimated his crime family and opened a window on mob secrets going back a hundred years. After speaking with D'Arco, the authors reveal unprecedented insights, exposing shocking secrets and troublesome truths about a city where a famous pizza parlor doubled as a Mafia center for multi-million-dollar heroin deals, where hit men carried out murders dressed as women, and where kidnapping a celebrity newsman's son was deemed appropriate revenge for the father's satirical vel. Capeci and Robbins spent hundreds of hours in conversation with D'Arco, and exhausted many hours more fleshing out his stories in this riveting narrative that takes readers behind the famous witness testimony for a comprehensive look at the Mafia in New York City.
- Author BiographyJerry Capeci, a New York-based award-winning reporter, columnist, and author for more than four decades, has written or coauthored seven books about the Mafia, including Murder Machine and Mob Star: The Story of John Gotti. Tom Robbins has been a reporter and columnist covering crime and politics in New York for more than thirty years, including at the Village Voice, the New York Daily News, and The New York Observer. He has also written for the New York Times Magazine and the New York Post. Michael Prichard is a professional narrator and stage and film actor who has played several thousand characters during his career. An Audie Award winner, he has recorded well over five hundred books and has earned several AudioFile Earphones Awards. Michael was also named a Top Ten Golden Voice by SmartMoney magazine.
- Author(s)Jerry Capeci,Tom Robbins
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Michael Prichard
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time977
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.