Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $136.15+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWireless and mobile communications have grown exponentially. The average individual w possesses a minimum of two smart mobile devices. The consistent advancement of mobile devices feeds the ever-growing appetite for faster bandwidth, uninterrupted connectivity, applications to fulfill the needs of consumers and businesses, and security for all of this information. Mobile Devices: Tools and Techlogies provides readers at all levels of technical expertise with an understanding of mobile device concepts, application development processes, networking and infrastructure, and security methods. This book is organized into four sections, with chapters contributed by engineers with extensive real-world experience in the mobile and wireless field. The first section discusses the current mobile device landscape, including the latest techlogy invations, personal and business use trends, and mobile operating systems and applications. The second section focuses on the application development process, from strategy and process through the development phases, to production and launch. This section covers both Android and iOS application development. In the third section, the authors explore mobile access standards, network types, and infrastructure components. This section also covers proximity communications standards, including Bluetooth, NFC, and RFID. The book concludes with a look at mobile device security, including mobile encryption methods, wireless security levels, and corporate security and workforce management strategies. Throughout the book, the contributors illustrate proven best practices and methodologies using real-world case studies drawn from their extensive experiences with mobile software and infrastructures for enterprise customers.
- Author BiographyLauren Collins has served as an IT professional for almost 20 years, both as a senior engineer and as director of technology operations. Spending most of her career in the stock market, she played an integral role in the transition to electronic trading, focusing on high frequency and low latency network infrastructures and transport methodologies. She studied computer science and engineering at Northern Illinois University, network communications and telecommunications at DeVry University, network engineering and management and computational finance at DePaul University, and continues to be a life-long learner. Lauren has written several articles for publications, contributed chapters to other technology books, and also writes for clinical informatics and healthcare technology publications.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note116 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLauren Collins,Scott R. Ellis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.