All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a framework for mobile information systems, focusing on quality of service and adaptability at all architectural levels. These levels range from adaptive applications to e-services, middleware, and infrastructural elements, as developed in the Multichannel Adaptive Information Systems (MAIS) project. The design models, methods, and tools developed in the project allow the realization of adaptive mobile information systems in a variety of different architectures.
- Author BiographyBarbara Pernici is full professor of Computer Engineering at Politecnico di Milano. Her research interests include cooperative information systems, workflow management systems, information systems modeling and design, mobile information systems, temporal databases, applications of database technology. She holds a Dr. Eng. Degree from Politecnico di Milano and a Master of Science in Computer Science from Stanford University. She has published around 35 papers in international journals, including IEEE and ACM Transactions, co-edited 10 books, and published about 120 papers at international level. She is an editor of the Requirements Engineering Journal. She is chief scientist of the Italian FIRB MAIS (Multichannel Adaptive Information Systems) Project, 2002-2005. She is chair of Working Group 8.1 on Design and Evaluation of Information Systems of IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note25 black & white tables, biography
- Weight569 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBarbara Pernici
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.