All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are wondering what mobile techlogy adoption means for your library or how to get started, Mobile Techlogies for Every Library will answer your questions! *Wondering what the opportunities and pitfalls are of mobile techlogy use in libraries? This book will answer these questions. *Thinking of starting a mobile program in your library? Want to improve on existing services or add new ones? This book will answer your questions about platforms, options, security, best practices and more. The book will preview many useful apps for libraries. Web links and resources are also included. Chapter coverage includes history and existing types of mobile techlogies, mobile devices and supporting techlogy, ways to provide mobile techlogy for your users, a survey of currently available apps, ways to use mobile techlogy for library work, best practices, and future directions. Each chapter is organized by subtopics with tips and examples from real library programs to help you get started.
- Author BiographyAnn Whitney Gleason currently serves as the Head of the Health Sciences Library at Stony Brook University on Long Island New York. Previously, she was the Associate Director for Resources and Systems at the University of Washington Health Sciences Library (HSL), and was formerly the Head of Computer Systems for the HSL. While at the University of Washington, she also served as Liaison to the School of Social Work. Earlier in her career, the author worked as an educational technology specialist, technology director and CIO for several years before receiving her MLIS from the University of Rhode Island. She also holds a BA degree in Education. Her research interests are currently focused on the use of educational technology in libraries, specifically mobile technologies, course management systems and educational gaming.
- Author(s)Ann Whitney Gleason
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleMedical Library Association Books Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.