All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of Penguin's beautiful hardback Clothbound Classics series, designed by the award-winning Coralie Bickford-Smith, these delectable and collectible editions are bound in high-quality colourful, tactile cloth with foil stamped into the design. In Herman Melville's Moby-Dick , Captain Ahab is an eerily compelling madman who focuses his distilled hatred and suffering (and that of generations before him) into the pursuit of a creature as vast, dangerous and unkwable as the sea itself. More than just a vel of adventure, this is a haunting social commentary populated with some of the most enduring characters in literature. Written with wonderfully redemptive humour, Moby Dick is a profound and timeless inquiry into character, faith and the nature of perception.
- Author BiographyHerman Melville, though not appreciated in his own time, is now regarded as one of America's greatest novelists. Much of the material for his novels was drawn from his own experience as a seaman. He wrote his masterpiece Moby Dick in 1851and died in1891. Andrew Delbanco is Professor of English & Comparative Literature at Columbia University. Tom Quirk is Professor of English at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Author(s)Herman Melville
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleClothbound Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight845 g
- Width138 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Introduction byAndrew Delbanco
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $22.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.