All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionHandy guide to foster adoption and implementation of best practices for health and safety in group care settings for young children. Significantly revised and updated, the new Model Child Care Health Policies is a must-have tool to foster adoption and implementation of best practices for health and safety in group care settings for young children. These settings include early care and education as well as before and after school child care programmes. These model policies are intended to ease the burden of writing site-specific health and safety policies from scratch. They cover a wide range of aspects of operation of early education and child care programmes. Child care programmes of any type can use Model Child Care Health Policies by selecting relevant issues for their operation and modifying the wording to make selected policies appropriate to the specific settings. These settings include early education and child care centres, small and large family child care homes, part day-programmes for ill children, facilities that serve children with special needs, school-age child care facilities, and drop-in facilities. The model policies can be adapted for public, private, Head Start, and tuition-funded facilities. All of the most commonly covered health and safety topics the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies found in state regulations are included in this guide.
- Author Biography<b>Susan S. Aronson, MD, FAAP</b>, works at the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics as a pediatric advisor for the Early Childhood Education Linkage System Healthy Child Care Pennsylvania. In 2011, she retired from her appointment as clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. A nationally recognized expert on health and safety issues in early education and child care settings, Dr Aronson is an ex officio member of the Executive Committee of the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Early Childhood. She is the author/editor of Healthy Young Children, 5th Edition (2012). She is known to many educators from 2 decades of reading her column ( Ask Dr. Sue Your Health and Safety Questions ) in www.ChildCareExchange.com Exchange magazine.
- PublisherAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationElk Grove Village, Chicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited bySusan S. Aronson
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.