All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionEmus are kept in situations that vary from extensive grazing to close confinement and housing. Whatever the form of husbandry, owners, managers and handlers of emus have a responsibility for the health, welfare and considerate treatment of the birds under their control. The basic behavioural, anatomical and physiological needs of emus are considered in this document, irrespective of the degree of intensive husbandry practised, or the climatic conditions to which the emus are exposed. The basic requirements for the well-being of emus covered in this Code include: *appropriate and sufficient food and water to sustain health and vitality *sufficient area to maintain their well-being and in which to exhibit rmal behaviour *protection from predation *protection from disease, including disease that can be exacerbated by management *protection from extremes of climate, particularly during certain phases of their lives *protection from pain, distress, suffering and injury The Code is intended as a set of guidelines that provides detailed minimum standards for assisting people in understanding the standard of care required to meet their obligations under the laws that operate in Australia's States and Territories.
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitlePrimary Industries Report S.
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.