All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionA mesmerising and moving first collection, this anthology gives us a poetry of two minds. Confounded by Japanese-Canadian legacies too painful to fully embrace, Michael Prior's split speakers struggle to understand themselves as they submit to their reinvention: I am all that is wrong with the Old World / and half of what troubles the New. Prior emerges as a poet t of identity, but identities. Invented identities, double identities, provisional identities -- his art always bearing witness to a sense of self held long eugh to shed at a moment's tice. Model Disciple 's Ovidean shape-shifting is driven by formal mastery and mot juste precision. It's also one of the most commanding poetic debuts in years.
- Author BiographyMichael Prior's poems have appeared in many publications across North America and the UK. Winner of Walrus's Poetry Prize, Matrix Magazine s LitPop Award, Grain s Short Grain Contest, Magma Poetry s Editors' Prize and Vallum s Poetry Prize, Michael currently resides in Ithaca, New York, where he is an MFA candidate in poetry at Cornell University.
- Author(s)Michael Prior
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Weight124 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.