All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionDefining a formal domain ontology is considered a useful, t to say necessary step in almost every software project. This is because software deals with ideas rather than with self-evident physical artefacts. However, this development step is hardly ever done, as ontologies rely on well-defined and semantically powerful AI concepts such as description logics or rule-based systems, and most software engineers are unfamiliar with these. This book fills this gap by covering the subject of MDA application for ontology development on the Semantic Web. The writing is technical yet clear, and is illustrated with examples. The book is supported by a website.
- Author BiographyDragan Gasevic is an assistant professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems at Athabasca University in Canada and an Adjunct Professor at Simon Fraser University in Canada. He is a recipient of Alberta Ingenuity's 2008 New Faculty Award. His research interests include semantic technologies, software language engineering, and learning technologies. Dragan Djuric is an assistant professor of computer science at the Department of Software Engineering, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia. He is also a memeber of the GOOD OLD AI research group. His main research interests include software engineering, web engineering, intelligent systems, knowledge representation, ontologies and the Semantic Web. Vladan Devedzic is a professor of computer science at the Department of Software Engineering, FON - School of Business Administration, University of Belgrade, Serbia. He is also the head of the GOOD OLD AI research group. His main research interests include software engineering, intelligent systems, knowledge representation, ontologies, Semantic Web, intelligent reasoning, and applications of artificial intelligence techniques to education and healthcare.
- Author(s)Dragan Djuric,Dragan Gasevic,Vladan Devedzic
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note183 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byBran V. Selic,Jean Bezivin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 2nd ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.