All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides all the information any ship modeller interested in powering a model boat using live steam will need. It offers both the basic theory covering the steam power plant and fully detailed drawings for the construction of simple and advanced steam engines, boilers and ancillary equipment. There has been a huge growth in interest in live steam-powered model boats in recent years but modellers have endured a dearth of practical construction drawings for suitable steam plants. Here, the author covers many types of engine from simple oscillating cylinder types to piston and poppet valve engines and the application of radio control to the management of the boiler and engine. The projects (which all include detailed scale plans) include simple single cylinder oscillating engines, multiple cylinder oscillating engines, single and multiple cylindered slide valve engines, piston and poppet valve engines, boiler construction and heat sources, control units, reversing systems, radio control valves, and the mounting of engine and boiler units into model boats.
- Author BiographyStan Bray is a model engineer and author of wide experience including editorship of the magazine Model Engineers' Workshop and has written many books covering subjects from clock making to machine shop techniques.
- Author(s)Stan Bray
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note58 black and white photographs; 78 scale diagrams and line drawings
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine7 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.