Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionModel engineering was popularised by pioneering steam enthusiasts, and rapidly grew into an exciting world-wide hobby for amateur engineers. This book describes how model steam engines work, outlines the development of the machine tools used to build the models, and investigates the seven different categories of model engines, which include models built to support patent applications, and those built purely for pleasure. The author, himself a model steam locomotive driver, also delves into the possible pitfalls and practicalities of scale model engineering. Generously illustrated, this is guaranteed to interest any aspiring engineer, as well as collectors of steam engines.
- Author BiographyBob Gordon trained as an engineer and has an abiding passion for the power and motion of steam engines. Over the years this has been enhanced by working with steam engines ashore, serving on steam-powered ships afloat, operating model steam engines and driving model steam locomotives. He has also written two other books in the Shire Library series, Early Electrical Appliances and Toy Steam Engines.
- Author(s)Bob Gordon
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/1987
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 207
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.