All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.50
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe last decade has generated a multitude of studies using in vitro model systems to explore growth and differentiation of the nervous system. Although the findings have been exciting and have revealed unique properties of neural cells, considerable concern continues to be expressed regarding the significance of in vitro findings in terms of their applicability to in vivo biological events. To examine this issue further, a group of scientists pre- sented and discussed their findings at a conference sponsored by the Institute of Developmental Neuroscience and Aging held in Crete, Greece, 26-29 May 1985. The conference was cosponsored by the University of Crete and was generously supported by the Ministry of Research and Techlogy of Greece, Tourism Organization of Greece, and also Sandoz and FIDIA. The Directors of the Institute of Developmental Neuroscience and Aging are indebted to these Institutions for their support. For the success of this conference, the Directors owe much to Drs. Eleni Fleischer-Lambropoulos and Yiannis Tsouderos, who spent countless hours in making arrangements so that the participants would have t only a scientific, but also a unique cultural, experience. Several chapters of this book focus on the complex phemena of neurogenesis and gliogenesis, and the modulation of neuronal differentiation. The concept that neuronal differentiation has both genetic and epigenetic components is documented by elegant studies using both in vitro cultured cells and neurons transplanted in vivo.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight813 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byAlain M. Privat,Antonia Vernadakis,Jean M. Lauder,Paola S. Timiras
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.