All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionComplex communicating computer systems -- computers connected by data networks and in constant communication with their environments -- do t always behave as expected. This book introduces behavioral modeling, a rigorous approach to behavioral specification and verification of concurrent and distributed systems. It is among the very few techniques capable of modeling systems interaction at a level of abstraction sufficient for the interaction to be understood and analyzed. Offering both a mathematically grounded theory and real-world applications, the book is suitable for classroom use and as a reference for system architects. The book covers the foundation of behavioral modeling using process algebra, transition systems, abstract data types, and modal logics. Exercises and examples augment the theoretical discussion. The book introduces a modeling language, mCRL2, that enables concise descriptions of even the most intricate distributed algorithms and protocols. Using behavioral axioms and such proof methods as confluence, cones, and foci, readers will learn how to prove such algorithms equal to their specifications. Specifications in mCRL2 can be simulated, visualized, or verified against their requirements. An extensive mCRL2 toolset for mechanically verifying the requirements is freely available online; this toolset has been successfully used to design and analyze industrial software that ranges from healthcare applications to particle accelerators at CERN. Appendixes offer material on equations and tation as well as exercise solutions.
- Author BiographyJan Friso Groote is Professor of Computer Science at the Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. Mohammad Reza Mousavi is Professor of Computer Systems Engineering at the Center for Research on Embedded Systems at Halmstad University, Sweden.
- Author(s)Jan F. Groote,Mohammad Reza Mousavi
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note65 b&w illus.
- Weight989 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.