All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its Third Edition, Alternative Energy Systems: Design and Analysis with Induction Generators has been renamed Modeling and Analysis with Induction Generators to convey the book's primary objective-to present the fundamentals of and latest advances in the modeling and analysis of induction generators. New to the Third Edition *Revised equations and mathematical modeling * Addition of solved problems as well as suggested problems at the end of each chapter * New modeling and simulation cases * Mathematical modeling of the Magnus turbine to be used with induction generators * Detailed comparison between the induction generators and their competitors Modeling and Analysis with Induction Generators, Third Edition aids in understanding the process of self-excitation, numerical analysis of stand-alone and multiple induction generators, requirements for optimized laboratory experimentation, application of modern vector control, optimization of power transference, use of doubly fed induction generators, computer-based simulations, and social and ecomic impacts.
- Author BiographyM. Godoy Simoes holds a B.Sc, M.Sc, and D.Sc (Livre-Docencia) from the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and a Ph.D from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA. An IEEE senior member, Dr. Simoes currently works at the Colorado School of Mines, Golden, USA, and is director of the Center for Advanced Control of Energy and Power Systems. Widely published and highly decorated, he was recently awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to conduct research and educational activities at the University of Aalborg, Denmark. Previously, Dr. Simoes was a faculty member at the University of Sao Paulo. Felix A. Farret received bachelor's and master's degrees in electrical engineering from the Federal University of Santa Maria (UFSM), Brazil. He specialized in electronic instrumentation at Osaka Prefectural Industrial Research Institute, Japan; earned an M.Sc from the University of Manchester, UK; received a Ph.D from the University of London, UK; and did a postdoctoral program at the Colorado School of Mines, Golden, USA. Widely published, he is currently a professor at UFSM. Previously, he worked as an engineer at the State Electric Power Company, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, and was visiting professor at the Colorado School of Mines.
- Author(s)Felix A. Farret,M. Godoy Simoes
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication13/02/2015
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitlePower Electronics and Applications Series
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note316 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.