Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach by Rafal Weron (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $208.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an in-depth and up-to-date review of different statistical tools that can be used to analyze and forecast the dynamics of two crucial for every energy company processes--electricity prices and loads. It provides coverage of seasonal decomposition, mean reversion, heavy-tailed distributions, exponential smoothing, spike preprocessing, autoregressive time series including models with exogeus variables and heteroskedastic (GARCH) components, regime-switching models, interval forecasts, jump-diffusion models, derivatives pricing and the market price of risk. Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices is packaged with a CD containing both the data and detailed examples of implementation of different techniques in Matlab, with additional examples in SAS. A reader can retrace all the intermediate steps of a practical implementation of a model and test his understanding of the method and correctness of the computer code using the same input data. The book will be of particular interest to the quants employed by the utilities, independent power generators and marketers, energy trading desks of the hedge funds and financial institutions, and the executives attending courses designed to help them to brush up on their technical skills. The text will be also of use to graduate students in electrical engineering, ecometrics and finance wanting to get a grip on advanced statistical tools applied in this hot area. In fact, there are sixteen Case Studies in the book making it a self-contained tutorial to electricity load and price modeling and forecasting.
- Author BiographyRAFAL WERON received his M.Sc. (1995) and Ph.D. (1999) degrees in applied mathematics from the Wroclaw University of Technology (WUT), Poland. He currently holds a position of Assistant Professor at WUT. His research focuses on risk management and forecasting in the power markets and computational statistics as applied to finance and insurance. Rafal Weron is the co-author of three books and over 70 research articles, book chapters, and conference papers. His professional experience includes design of the risk management system for BOT Holding (BOT Gornictwo i Energetyka S.A.), development of insurance strategies for Polish Power Grid Co. (PSE S.A.) and Hydro-storage Power Plants Co. (ESP S.A.), as well as implementation of yield curve calibration and option pricing software for LUKAS Bank S.A. (Credit Agricole Group). He has also been a consultant or executive teacher to a large number of banks and corporations.
- Author(s)Rafal Weron
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight486 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.