All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPredictive microbiology primarily deals with the quantitative assessment of microbial responses at a macroscopic or microscopic level, but also involves the estimation of how likely an individual or population is to be exposed to a microbial hazard. This book provides an overview of the major literature in the area of predictive microbiology, with a special focus on food. The authors tackle issues related to modeling approaches and their applications in both microbial spoilage and safety. Food spoilage is presented through applications of best-before-date determination and commercial sterility. Food safety is presented through applications of risk-based safety management. The different modeling aspects are introduced through probabilistic and stochastic approaches, including model and data uncertainty, but also biological variability.
- Author BiographyJeanne-Marie Membre is Senior Research Scientist at the French National Institute for Agricultural Research in Nantes, France. Her research focuses on aspects of preservation, safety, microbiology and engineering of food. Vasilis Valdramidis is Senior Lecturer in Food Studies & Environmental Health at the University of Leuven in Belgium. His research interests include predictive microbiology and modeling and food safety and preservation using natural antimicrobials, non-thermal technologies and disinfection.
- Author(s)Jeanne-Marie Membre,Vasilis Valdramidis
- PublisherISTE Press Ltd - Elsevier Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Press Ltd - Elsevier Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.